The Nerf brand has been bringing fun to kids since 1989. It all started with the debut of the Blast A Ball, a small pinkish cannon that launched golf ball-sized foam projectiles. Since then, there has been a long line of different Nerf toys that have been released on the market.
The popularity of Nerf toys has led to the rise in popularity of Nerf-related events, such as Nerf parties. And while these parties host many games, none are as fun or as popular as the Nerf War. If you’re planning on participating in a Nerf War, it’s best that you fully understand what goes into it.
To help you out, we’ve prepared a short breakdown of everything you need to know about Nerf Wars.
The first thing we have to talk about is the equipment that’s needed for the Nerf War. Well, for the most part, you’ll only need Nerf Blasters and people to have a Nerf War. However, there are other elements you can throw in to make it more fun for everyone involved. If the venue for the Nerf War doesn’t provide natural cover, it would be more fun to add in natural cover, where people can hide behind. Other than that, the activity will be more enjoyable if the space provided is sufficient to hold all the players that are participating.
Now, like all games, Nerf Wars also have rules to determine who wins and who losses. These rules are quite simple, so anyone will be able to get the hang of them quickly. Here’s a quick run-through of all the rules:
- Players must bring their own blasters. However, some Nerf Wars organizers will sometimes provide blasters for all the players so that they will all be on equal footing.
- The game will take place within a set playing area. No player is allowed to leave the area unless they are eliminated.
- If you are hit with a Nerf dart, raise your hand and leave the playing area. It’s important that you do not shoot people who are raising their hands because they have already been eliminated from the game.
- The last player left in the game after all players have been eliminated is deemed the winner.
- In case the game runs on for too long, the players may opt to implement a final round timer. This will incentivize all the players to play more aggressively as they now have to try to eliminate the other players within the time limit.
While Nerf Wars is quite safe, it’s important to take extra precautions to prevent any accidents. Here are some safety tips to follow for your next Nerf War:
- Do not make physical contact with the other players, meaning no pushing, kicking, and pulling.
- Do not shoot other players in the face. While the darts are harmless, hitting someone in the eye can be quite painful.
- Do not use modified Nerf guns, which also applies to the projectiles that will be used. Be sure to only use Nerf guns and Nerf darts for the game.
We hope this article proves to be useful when it comes to helping you prepare for your next Nerf War. Be sure to keep all the rules and safety tips in mind to ensure that the game goes smoothly for you and the other players involved.
If you’re looking for a venue that’s suitable for Nerf War, the Utah Motorsports Campus (UMC) in Salt Lake City, UT, is the ideal place for outdoor events. Because we have acres of open space, the events at UMC won’t be restrictive regardless of the type of activities. If you’re interested in booking a Nerf War event with us, submit your request for proposal as soon as possible!