The Kart Center at Utah Motorsports Campus is the region's only outdoor, high-speed karting operation located at a race track facility. The Center includes a multi-configurable race-spec kart track, supermoto track, off-road loop, and full-service building. The hub of operations is the Kart Center Building. All race and kart concession functions are operated out of the Center, which also includes food and drink service, arcade, retail sales, and related functions.
The Kart Center Manager is responsible for managing the overall operations of the kart center, including all functions inside the kart center building, as well as all outside track operations. This person is responsible for providing an extraordinary guest experience. To fulfill that role, the Manager must be able to manage staff and supervisors, create a vision for business development, and work closely with senior management to increase revenues and enhance the customer experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Staffing duties including: recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, disciplining, and terminating.
• Creation of staff training plan and review/discipline policies.
• Cash handling duties including preparation of tills, change fund maintenance, and preparation of deposits.
• Ensuring that cashier personnel adhere to correct cash handling procedures and sell effectively.
• Ensuring that track personnel run races safely, efficiently and professionally.
• Ensuring that mechanic personnel maintain the karts in peak working condition.
• Ensuring that all staff are strictly adhering to company policies and providing outstanding customer service.
• Using Clubspeed or equivalent kart center software programs to track usage, expenses, and personnel.
• Corresponding with and providing regular reports to senior management.
• Expanding the marketing and promotional presence of the UMC Kart Track.
• Maintaining the effective operational feasibility of the center.
• Maintaining the highest standard of facility appearance.
• Responsible for budget creation and effective expense management.
• Must have 5+ years of management experience and a successful track record, preferably in the following fields: Kart or Race Track, Restaurant, Entertainment, Hospitality, Bowling Alleys, Amusement Parks, Miniature Golf.
• Degree in Business and/or Hospitality preferred.
• Computer literate, with ability to learn new programs and applications.
• Must be able to safely lift/push/pull heavy objects on an ongoing basis.
• Great customer service skills, including ability to handle dissatisfied guests with professionalism and courtesy.
• Understanding of basic risk management concepts and demonstrated ability to focus on guest and staff safety.
• Must be able to work weekends, nights and holidays.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• A Drug Test and Background Check may be required prior to employment.
• Provide proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
• Competitive salary and bonuses make up an attractive compensation package.
• Medical, dental and vision benefits.
• Paid vacation.
Exciting part-time, flexible opportunity to implement and manage the HR functions of Utah Motorsports campus in Tooele County! Utah Motorsports Campus is the largest racetrack and outdoor event venue in the state of Utah. The HR Manager is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the HR function, including payroll and benefits administration.
• Develops and administers position grading and classification system
• Writes and rewrites job descriptions as necessary
• Interviews and recommends hiring of new employees
• Manages payroll system
• Recommends systems, policies, and procedures for employee management and development
• Manages employee morale initiatives
• Develops and administers employee recognition and rewards programs
• Investigation, arbitration, and reporting on employees’ complaints
• Conducts Open Enrollment annually
• Interacts with the Benefits Brokers
• Makes suggestions for changes or additions to benefits
• Answers benefits questions for all employees
• Recommends new policies and/or changes to current policies
• Establishes and maintains department records and reports, including employee handbook
• Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws
• BA degree in Human Resources field
• 5 years of experience in HR administration
• Prefer SHRM Certified or PHR certified
• A Drug Test and Background Check is required prior to employment
• Provide proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States